We build North America's Finest Truck Racks
Free Shipping on most racks to most areas!
The Dual Truck Rack Fits 95% of all pickups on the road today, including Toyota, Nissan, GMC, Ford and Dodge trucks with conventional fleetside bedrails OR TRACK Systems
( click on the question of your choice to see the answer )
- 1: What is the Dual Rack used for?
- The Dual Truck Rack was designed specifically to carry Kayaks and small canoes, especially when used in conjunction with Thule or Yakima sports accessories that require a special size crossbar. Because this rack is very light weight, can be installed or removed in minutes without any drilling, and because each part of the rack can be installed anywhere along the bedrails to carry loads weighing up to 300 lbs., it is particularly flexible for hauling sports equipment.
- 2: Will the Dual Truck Rack fit my standard side bed truck?
- The Dual Rack is designed to fit any pickup truck with conventional fleet side bedrails. This includes the vast majority of pickup trucks. The model 2009-3FSR is our standard height rack which is about 25” inches high as measured from the bedrail to the top of the cross bar. This is the right height for almost all trucks. The Ford Super Duty trucks and the Dodge Ram Mega Cabs have extra tall cabs, however, and require the model 2009-3FST, and this model truck rack measures 27.5 inches tall. Model 2009-3B is also available for standard height cabs; this lower-cost special model is designed to bolt onto rather than clamp onto the bedrails of the truck.
- 3: Will the Dual Truck Rack fit my newer model Toyota?
- The late model Toyota trucks often have an aluminum rail that runs along the inside of the bedrail on both sides of the truck bed. This is called the Toyota Deck Rail System. Dual truck rack model 2009-3TRA is designed to attach to the Toyota Tacoma or Tundra with deck rail system. For Toyota trucks without the deck rail system, use model 2009-3FSR.
- 4: Will the Dual Truck Rack fit my newer model Nissan?
- The late model Nissan Frontier and Titan trucks often have an optional aluminum rail that runs along the inside of the bedrail on both sides of the truck bed. This is called the Nissan Utili-track system. The Dual truck rack model 2009-3TRA is designed to attach to the Nissan Titan with Utili-track System. For Nissan trucks without the Utili-track system, use model 2009-3FSR.
- 5: What is this Pick-up Truck Rack made of?
- The Dual Rack is sturdy powder coated carbon steel. Each crossbar is formed as a truss, with two horizontal bars connected by short vertical bars. One horizontal crossbar has the same size and shape as a standard rectangular Thule crossbar and the other horizontal crossbar has the same size and shape as the standard round Yakima crossbar. The Dual Crossbars, Legs, Bases and clamps are all powder coated black. All threaded parts are rust resistant. Rubbery padding on the bottom of each base helps prevent scratching trucks surface.
- 6: How does this Pick up Rack attach to my truck and how secure is it?
- After initial assembly installation of the rack on a truck with conventional standard side bedrails will only take a few minutes. The Dual Rack attaches by employing an integrated clamping system. A clamp bottom is drawn up by means of a screw turned with an Allen wrench. For conventional beds this squeezes the bedrail of the truck between the clamp below and the base of the rack above. Photos below show rack installed on a conventional bed.
For trucks with track systems, an insert is slid into the end of Deck Rail or the Utili-track and secured with a wing knob. Installing the models designed for trucks with track systems will take about the same amount of time to install as those for a conventional bed truck. This rack will safely carry up to 300 lbs. of cargo when properly loaded. See below photos.
- 7: How long does it take to mount the Dual Rack on my truck?
- When one is familiar with the rack, it can be installed in about 5 minutes after initial assembly. When it arrives in its shipping box the first time, it will take longer. Please read the general and safety instructions carefully. See installation instructions at: https://www.usrack.com/instructions/dual-rack-instructions.pdf
- 8: What keeps the rack from scratching my truck?
- The top of the truck bed rails that the base of the Rack rest on are protected by rubbery pads on the bottom of the Rack. On standard side bed trucks, the bottom side of the truck bed rail is padded by a hard rubber nub, which prevents direct contact with the clamp.
- 9: Can I use my truck rack to carry a canoe?
- Many canoes can be carried without difficulty; however, some canoes are shaped so there is a large curve on the top of the canoe when viewed from the side. If this is the case, when the canoe is transported upside down as it is commonly carried, both ends of the canoe tend to hand down below the level of the crossbar and may strike the roof of the truck cab. Since the Dual Rack is adjustable in Height, if the curve of the canoe is not too radical, it may be possible to set the crossbar of the rack to the high position and provide about 2 inches of additional clearance. It is also possible to order the rack with custom height legs. If you have questions about this, please call us at 1-888-877-2257.
- 10: Can I use my rack with a bed liner?
- There are many different types of bed liners. Spray-on bedliners offer no obstacle in installing this truck rack. The Dual Rack can be used in any case where the bottom of the clamp can hook around the lip of the bedrail and tighten against the bottom of the bed rail. You can test this by simply putting you palms on the bedrail of your truck and seeing if you can curl your fingers around the lip of the bedrail so your finger tips go up around the lip. The newer style under-the-rail bedliners work easily with the Dual Rack because they allow access to the bottom of the bed rails. The older style over-the-rail bedliners, which were a single piece, will require that a slit or a hole be made in the bedliner. U.S. Rack offers a bedliner kit, consisting of a 2-1/2 inch hole-saw to make a hole plus 4 plastic caps to plug the holes again later, when the rack is removed.
- 11: What keeps someone from stealing the rack from my truck?
- The vast majority of people who see the Dual Rack on a pickup assume that this model rack is actually bolted to the bed of the truck because the integrated clamp is not very visible. However, in order to offer a higher security option for those who are concerned, U.S. Rack offers high security fasteners which include keyed button-head cap screws and a matching keyed Allen wrench. When these screws are tightened neither the clamp bottoms (for the standard side beds) nor special inserts (for trucks with track systems) cannot be removed.
- 12: How do I tie down cargo?
- Four tie-down eyes are provided on the four bases of the rack for use with ratchet straps, one on each corner of the rack. There is also a large tie-down loop on each of the four crossbar grips plates. Finally, there is also a tie-down cleat for use with cords or ropes on each of the four legs.
- 13: Will this rack fit different size trucks?
- The Dual Rack is width and height adjustable and will fit any common truck with the same type bedrail.
- 14: How long does it take to remove this pick-up rack from my truck?
- Once you are familiar with the Dual Truck Rack, you can remove the rack in 5 minutes or less.
- 15: How can I store my Dual Truck Rack?
- This Rack can be stored on two wall hangers. U.S. Rack Wall Hangers are an optional accessory that is available for purchase when purchasing a rack. They can be screwed into studs of your garage or other wall 32” apart. When hung, the rack fills a space only about 5 feet wide, 2-1/2 feet high and 1-1/2 feet deep.
- 16. What color is the Dual Truck Rack?
- This rack comes in a standard black. Other color options are available upon request by calling 1-888-8977-2257.
- 17: How will the rack be shipped and how long will it take?
- Most products shipped by U.S. Rack are delivered to the customer using standard FEDEX ground shipping. Transit time can take up to 5 business days. Processing time especially during the spring/summer season prior to shipping usually takes 1-9 business days after the order is received. However, this may vary so please assume it will take at least 9-14 days for delivery. If you have a certain date by which you must receive your rack, please contact us at 1.888.877.2257 so we can ensure that we ship it in time. An extra fee may be required for expedited processing or delivery.
- 18: Can I return the rack if I don’t like it?
- Yes. If for any reason you find that your U.S. Rack product is not what you want, simply call us within 30 days of purchase to get a return authorization number. We will then arrange to pick up the product from you. If there is nothing mechanically wrong with the rack a restocking fee of 15% of the total purchase price plus round trip ground shipping will be deducted from your refund. The rack should be returned in the original box and packaged in a way to prevent damage. Damage caused by improper packaging will require repair to return the rack to a condition where is can be re-sold, and will result in a refurbishing fee. If there is a mechanical defect with the product within one year, U.S. Rack will first attempt to fix the problem by shipping you a replacement part. If there is a defect which we cannot fix by replacing components, you may request a return, and we will not charge you restocking or shipping fees. We will then credit your card or send you a check for the appropriate balance.
- 19: What are the biggest advantages of the Dual Rack over competing racks?
- a. The Dual Rack is designed to work with both Thule and Yakima sports gear accessories as well as universal carriers such as those of Malone, which are sold by U.S. Rack.
- b. It can be installed or removed and stored in minutes without heavy lifting.
- c. It is adjustable in height and width and will fit any common truck.
- d. It saves fuel because it is light weight and you can easily take the rack off when you don’t need it.
- e. It can safely carry heavy loads of up to 300 lbs.
- f. It has twelve different tie-down points for ratchet straps, cords or ropes.
- g. It can be stored in a compact space or hung on the wall.
- h. The Dual Rack is a great value. Compare prices. We believe you’ll be convinced!