We build North America's Finest Truck Racks
FAQ's - Stake Pocket Truck Rack
Free Shipping on most racks to most areas!
The Stake Pocket Rack works with tonneaus and carries ladders, lumber, kayaks, canoes, or other cargo weighing up to 500 lbs.
( click on the question of your choice to see the answer )
- 1: Will the Stake Pocket Truck Rack fit my truck?
- The Stake Pocket Truck Rack is designed to fit any pickup truck with stake pockets holes in the top of the bedrails. This includes almost all full size pickup trucks as well as the Ford Ranger. Model 2005-3RS Stake Pocket Rack for short bed trucks and model 2005-3RL for long bed trucks are our standard height racks which are measure 25 inches from the bedrail to the top of the cross bar. This is the right height for almost all trucks. Model 2005-3TS for short bed trucks and model 2005-3TL for long bed trucks is for trucks with extra tall cabs such as the Ford Super Duty trucks and the Dodge Ram Mega Cabs have extra tall cabs. They have crossbars that measures 26 inches tall.
- 2: What is the Stake Pocket Truck Rack used for?
- The Stake Pocket Truck Rack is most often used in conjunction with a truck having a tonneau cover (truck bed cover) that does NOT cover the stake pocket holes in the bedrails. It is a versatile truck rack which will carry canoes, kayaks, ladders, lumber and other cargo carrying up to 500 lbs of cargo, and it can be installed or removed in minutes without drilling into the sheet metal of the truck.
STAKE POCKET RACK ON TRUCK WITH TONNEAU
- 3: Can I use my truck rack with a bedliner as well as a tonneau cover?
- There are many different types of bed liners. Spray-on bedliners and tonneau covers offer no impediment to the installation of the Stake Pocket Rack as long as the stake pocket holes are open. In fact in same cases, as long as at least ¾ of the hole is open the stake pocket rack will work. If you have this situation, can use at 1.888.877.2257 (1.888.usracks) to discuss it.
- 4: What is the Stake Pocket Truck Rack made of?
- The standard Stake Pocket Rack is constructed of 16 major interconnecting tubular steel structural parts. The exterior surfaces of these parts have been powder coated for service outdoors. All threaded parts are stainless steel. High density polyethylene plastic is used in the end caps and a rubbery material is used to pad the surface of the bedrail upon which the rack rests.
- 5: How does the Stake Pocket Truck Rack attach to my truck and how secure is it?
- Inserts are placed down into the stake pockets and connect to the base of the rack at each corner of the bedrail to secure the rack on the bedrails of the truck. These inserts secure, particularly since the design of the rack integrates bracing to prevent shear forces from twisting the rack both from side to side and front to rear. This truck rack will safely carry up to 500 lbs. of cargo when the load is evenly distributed. See installation instructions here: Stake Pocket Installation Instructions
- 6: How long does it take to mount the Stake Pocket Rack on my truck?
- When you are familiar with the rack, it can be installed in less than 10 minutes. When it arrives in its shipping box the first time, please read the installation instructions and safety warnings carefully. This will require some additional time.
- 7: What keeps the truck rack from scratching my truck?
- Rubbery pads on the bottom of the rack help protect the top of the truck bedrails.
- 8: Are other accessories available that will work with my Stake Pocket Truck Rack?
- Yes. The Stake Pocket Rack works with Malone kayak and canoe carriers.
See these accessory links:
- Kayak Carrier
STAKE POCKET RACK WITH MALONE ACCESSORIES
SPECIAL WRENCH FITS SPECIAL SCREWS
- 9: What keeps someone from stealing the Stake Pocket Rack from my truck?
- The vast majority of people who see a Stake Pocket Truck Rack on a pickup assume that it is bolted to the bed of the truck because no attachment mechanism is easily visible. However, in order to offer a higher security option for those who are concerned, U.S. Rack offers high security screws which include a keyed button-head cap screws and matching keyed Allen wrench as a separate option.
- 10: How long does it take to remove the Stake Pocket Rack from my truck?
- Once you are familiar with the truck rack, you can remove it in less than 10 minutes.
- 11: How do I tie down cargo?
- A tie-down cleat is provided on each leg of rack for use with ropes or ratchet straps.
TIE-DOWN CLEAT AND HOLE
OPTIONAL WALL HANGERS CAN STORE RACK ON GARAGE WALL
- 12: How can I store my Stake Pocket Truck Rack?
- The Stake Pocket Rack can be stored on two wall hangers. U.S. Rack Wall Hangers are an optional accessory. They can be screwed into studs of your garage or other wall, 32” apart. When hung together, the front and back sections of the rack fill a space only about 5 feet wide, 2-1/2 feet high and 1 foot deep.
- 13: What color is the truck rack?
- The Stake Pocket Truck Rack is offered in black. It can be specially coated in white for an additional fee. Call U.S. Rack for a quote at 1.888.877.2257 (1.888.usracks).
- 14: How will the rack be shipped and how long will it take?
- U.S. Rack usually ships the day you place your order or on the next business day. U. S. Rack includes the cost of shipping by ground within the continental U.S., for most items, within the price of the product. Ground shipping transit time within the continental U.S. usually takes 1 to 5 business days. Sometimes, however, production cannot keep pace with orders for certain products and there is a lag time in shipping. If you need to have this product delivered very soon, please give us a call us. Express processing and delivery is usually available for an additional charge. Please call 1.888.877.2257 (1.888.usracks) to request this service.
- 15: Can I return the rack if I don’t like it?
- Yes. If for any reason you find that your U.S. Rack product is not what you want, simply call us within 30 days of purchase to get a return authorization number. We will then arrange to pick up the product from you. If there is nothing mechanically wrong with the rack a restocking fee of 15% of the total purchase price plus round trip ground shipping will be deducted from your refund. The rack should be returned in the original box and packaged in a way to prevent damage. Damage caused by the customer or by improper packaging will require repair to return the rack to a condition where is can be re-sold, and this will result in a refurbishing fee. If there is a mechanical defect with the product within one year, U.S. Rack will first attempt to fix the problem by shipping you a replacement part. If there is a defect that we cannot fix by replacing components, you may request a return, and we will not charge you restocking or shipping fees. We will then credit your card or send you a check for the appropriate balance.
- 16: What are the biggest advantages of the Stake Pocket Truck Rack over competing racks?
- The Stake Pocket Rack can be installed or removed and stored in minutes without drilling.
- It can be installed on trucks with Tonneau covers that do not cover the stake pocket holes.
- It saves fuel because of it's light weight and can be easily removed when you don’t need it.
- It can safely carry heavy loads of up to 500 lbs.
- It can be stored in a compact space or hung on the wall.
- The Stake Pocket Rack is a great value. Compare prices. We believe you’ll be convinced.